Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Flash Mob Response



Congratulations to everyone in the Flash Mob. We did it!!!

I'm sorry to those of you who didn't get the email about the switch in locations, but we had a pretty good turn out anyway.

I got to the mall a little flustered and hung up, but I was pleasantly surprised to find everyone waiting at the mall, excited and ready to go. People had brought their friends, boyfriends, husbands, wives, and after running through it three times out in the parking lot, we set out for the food court.

My friend, Matt, was gracious enough to play our Juliet and reuse an old costume he's worn many times in Divine Comedy sketches.


And my friend Mal was gracious enough to film the flash mob with our DC Sony camera.


I thought the flash mob itself went very well. Aside from the loud music playing overhead, everyone was on top of their lines, funny poses were struck, and we all wooed/gossiped about Matt in a lovely, Shakespearean way. People took out their phones, recording us and talking to their friends. It was great to sit down and make people think I was part of the crowd, until I stood up and said my line.

How do the rest of you think the flash mob went? Were you pleased with the results?

I'll be posting footage of our flash mob this week. I have to get it from our videographer who now has the camera, and then I'll post it here.

But let me just say thank you thank you thank you. Thank you, Max, for helping me with this, and thanks to all of you who memorized your lines and came ready to humor my silly notion to actually go through with this. If any of you need me for something silly of yours, I'd be happy to help. (: