Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Go check out Natashya's blog!

So I got to browse around on Natashya Chelson's blog, dun dun de-duh!

So Natashya, I'm addressing this blog specifically to you because I'm guess you'll be reading it. Cara addressed her blog to me and it made everything seem nice and friendly, so heregoes!

1. Number of posts: You have 10 posts in total on your blog.

2. Quality of posts: You're tone is super fun and energetic in all of your posts! You're definitely engaging your readers and making this a reader-friendly blog by keeping your posts accessible. It seems like you've kind of tapered off recently as far as posting consistently goes. Don't give up! I've gotten into some ruts too this semester because life just gets CUH-RAZY, but even if you touch base and draw our attention to a footnote in the textbook, or send out a question to us that you had about the text and start a conversation! You don't have to write a novel. Just write. Because it's really great stuff. (:

3. Strength: I love the tone you carry throughout your blog. You know how to connect with your readers. I LOVED the posts you connect Condoleezza Rice and the State of the Union to Shakespeare's plays! You know how to munch on something and get it out to us as readers. I'd love to look through your perspective with a lot of the readings I'm doing, I'm sure I'd pick up on a lot more in real life that relates to Shakespeare!

4. Suggested Improvement: I'd suggest doing more posts like this one you did on Othello. Looking back on some more scholarly commentaries on the texts to beef up your posts a bit more. You've got some really fun posts, but relating them more to Shakespeare I think would make them all the more awesome. Also, have you figured out what you want to start zeroing in on as your focus for your posts now that we're later into the semester? I'd be interested to see what you want to do.


Anywho, great job, Natashya. I'll have to keep coming back to your blog, I had no idea how much great stuff was here. (: